Monday, October 18, 2010

HIRED!

So at the end of last week I was overly excited to hear that I've been hired as an IT Help Desk Support Technician for the York Region Police. How cool is that? I'm going to be working for the police!! Not too shabby!!

In all honestly I don't believe that this job will be my super dream job. I highly doubt i'll be able to find that dream job now that I have this gov't job. Why do you ask? Well simple fact that if I stay with the police I can probably retire at the age of 60 or sooner and be well off for the rest of my life.

Any gov't job you're almost guarenteed employment unless you do something REAL stupid like hack into their servers to change the rap sheet for someone. I mean even then you have the Union behind you and could probably cook up some idea on how you're testing the servers security. Who knows that might get you an even better job as a security tester!

But realistically if I stay with this job i'm pretty much set. Provided I don't piss anyone off or do anything real stupid, I should be okay. I really don't know what my dream job would be. Maybe i'll find it in the YRP? I hope to move around in that area and get a bunch of certificates and such.

Still this is a great opportunity!! I'm the type to save for the future but not thinking so much about pension and such. So with them constantly taking out money for my pension that i'll get back later on, is just great. Great job security, Great pay, Not so great location but whatever i'll make do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home