Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 1

Looks like the parents have left for their adventures to Taiwan!  That leaves me with a house and my sister.

Not much planned today though.  After work decided to come on home and chill and cook some fried rice!!  Iron chef Jon is here!! Well in training with no teacher =)

Decided to make the same style that my mom usually cooks which includes:
-  Hot dogs
-  Celery
-  Ground beef
-  Eggs

Cut up the celery into stalks and make them smaller so they're somewhat bite sized.  I need some work on my knife skills.  Perhaps I need to enlist the help of Shirley!!  Maybe she'll one day tell me the secret to making jerk pork!!!

Anyways after that time to cut up the hot dogs!  Om nom nom!  Let's just say that some of the hot dog pieces did not make it into the final product because they're in my stomach now!

 So I decided to start putting everything together!  Pan fried the hot dogs, made the scrambled eggs, and boiled the celery.

Finished the celery and looked over at the rice I had out.  Hadn't dawned on me that I should heat up the rice so that they're not hard like rocks when I cook it.  Shit...  Everything else is here and I forgot to prep the main ingredient... RICE!!   What a noob!!

Oh well... At least this gives me time to check on my internet stuff before cooking again.  I'll know next time!!  Wonder what I should cook tomorrow.  Let's check what's in the fridge and work off of that.  Have to try and finish whatever groceries are in the fridge and freezer so I can make room for other stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home